05 Oct, 2015
Your Autumn Skincare Checklist – Preparing For the Big Freeze
By Soap Blogger
Like it or not...and of course the answer for most is very much not… the summer has said its goodbyes for another year and the autumn is once again on our doorstep. Not that the Great British autumn isn’t a stunningly beautiful season in its own right, but the cooling of the weather and the changing of the conditions outdoors inherently present new challenges when it comes to health and skincare.
Nevertheless, it’s of crucial importance to give your skin as much thought and attention as required during the autumn as this will also be the period during which you prepare it for the winter. Get it right and your reward will be wonderfully soft, smooth and supple skin right through to the spring – take things for granted and you’ll be once again fighting a losing battle for several months.
So with this in mind, what follows is a quick look at a helpful autumn skincare checklist – tick all the right boxes and you’ll be heading in the right direction:
- First up, if you don’t already have a rather rich and indulgent night cream for your skin, now’s the time to treat yourself. During the autumn and winter in particular, the hours you sleep can and should be used to give your skin an intense dose of moisture the likes of which may be once again taken away during the day.
- You might also want to think about making the switch to a heavier and more intensive daytime moisturiser in order to compensate for the way in which the colder weather may impact your skin’s health.
- Never forget that just because the very heart of the summer has long since passed, this doesn’t mean that the sun isn’t still relatively strong and extremely harmful to skin. It’s a tip that should be continued throughout the winter months as well, but now’s the time to acknowledge the importance of continually using sunscreen when out and about.
- This is also the time of year during which there is no such thing whatsoever as having too much lip balm or using it too frequently when out and about in the cold.
- If you haven’t already experienced it for yourself, this is really the perfect time of year to see what all the fuss is about with organic skincare products. When and where your skin needs the most care and protection, there’s nothing better than 100% natural, 100% organic products that are free from all chemicals and synthetic compounds. Even if it’s something as simple as your soap, make now the time to see what organic can do for you.
- It might sound like more of an indulgence than a beneficial switch, but you’d be surprised just how much better for your skin a silk pillow case can be throughout this time of year.
- Last but not least, invest in one or more of the very best quality hand and nail care products you can find and keep these with you at all times to lather on extremely generously.